SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Zebra-ish

Last week I was home in Ohio for a quick visit before starting work and travel this summer. Going home is always a very delicate balance for me. There is a very fine line between having too little and too much time with my family. I think that this 10 day trip (which included a weekend away for a wedding) hit the sweet spot. I had enough time to fix my missing family but did not reach the point where we were at each other's throats. Always a plus, right?

I lent my tripod to a friend and it wasn't returned in time for my trip home, so the one outfit I documented in Ohio was recorded via my grandmothers kitchen counters. Very scenic, I know :P


As you have probably started to notice with outfits I have posted, I tend not to go for super bold patterns and colors apart from certain accessories. I don't know if it's me staying "safe" or just happens to be my tastes. 

When my mom gave me this dress she found at our local thrift shop, the stripes initially turned me off. Don't get me wrong, the colors are right up my alley, simple black and white, but I found the strips to be a pretty bold (for me) pattern. Honestly, I thought it looked close to a zebra and I am not an animal print kinda girl. But the dress is so comfortable in a sort of jersey material and I think it fit me pretty well too. Because I feared the pattern (and was limited in options since my clothes are in CA), I chose to pair it with black flats and a black bag (have I mentioned I love black?). 



Dress: Thrifted by mom ( very similar)
Shoes: Target (exact)
Purse: Kate Spade (exact)
Bracelets: Old (similar)
Watch: Boutique in South Korea (similar)
Ring: Gift (similar)

One nice thing about the color of the dress is that it will pretty much match with anything. I was brainstorming maybe wearing a colorful shoe next time (like my teal flats) or maybe a more colorful purse? Thoughts? Am I being ridiculous by thinking the pattern is bold? This is where my hopes of the blog pushing me outside my comfort zone come in...

Peace,
Sarah

linkup with Mix&MatchFashion


No comments :

Post a Comment