SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

#28 Go to Disneyland




I have lived in California for the past 3 years and still hadn't been to Disneyland. To be fair, it's about a 6 hour car ride so I haven't exactly had countless opportunity to go. So, when you are in Anaheim for a conference and your hotel is literally right behind Disneyland, you have to visit. Right?!

After a lot of back and forth of whether or not to go, I finally decided last minute that the conference would be a great opportunity to cross Disneyland off of my 101 in 1001. RE Congress is literally next door to the parks and I probably won't be in California after graduation, so I knew I had to go at least once. Ticket prices are a little ridiculous, but the conference ran a special for those registered and there was a half-day option which also helped cut the cost.


Y'all, it was so. much. fun. At about 4:30/5pm I met up with a friend who had been at the park with family all day and another friend caught up with us around 7. Even with only half a day, I was able to try all of the rides I was told were "must-sees", watched an adorable comedy about Tangled, and even got to meet Mickey!


Fun Fact: If it's your birthday or you are visiting the park for the first time, stop at City Hall and you can get a free button! Did I proudly wear my "first visit" badge the whole time? You know it! We even had strangers come up and give us a set of fast-passes because it was my friend's birthday and my first visit! So kind!

My 5 favorite rides were:

Hyperspace Mountain
Indiana Jones Adventure
Pirates of the Caribbean
Star Tours
Peter Pan's Flight


Obviously there was so much more that I could have seen had there been more time, but I could not be happier with the time I had and the beautiful friends I was with.

Have you ever been to Disneyland? What's your favorite part?

Peace,
Sarah


14 comments :

  1. Oh I want to go to Disneyland SOOOO much! It's definitely on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's wonderful! I hope you get the chance to go some day, Lauren!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. Oh fun! I haven't been to Disney Land since I was like, 12. It was so much fun! I really enjoyed Universal and touring the movie sets! Looks like you had a great time! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading, Savannah! We didn't get to go to Universal, but I hope to some day!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. So cool that you were really able to make the most of a short visit! My huband grew up in Anaheim but I've never been able to visit his hometown and have never been to Disney there! We are planning to go to Tokyo and visit their Disneyland this summer, so I'm looking forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, Disneyland in Tokyo sounds amazing! I hope you have such an amazing time, Rachel!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. I love Disneyland! Looks like you had an amazing time, I am so glad you go to go!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was amazing, Olivia! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  5. How fun! I love Disney. I went to Disneyland for the first time six years ago. It was a blast. (I went to Disneyworld as a kid.)

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I love that the parks are still special and fun for all ages!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  6. I love when you get a deal on something you've been wanting to do!! score! i went to Disneyland when i was a teenager, but now i really want to take my hubby who has never been. we went to Disneyworld for our honeymoon, so we simply have to get to disneyland!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know quite a few people who did honeymoons in Disney. Sounds magical ;) I hope you get the chance to go to Disneyland too!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  7. Your pictures are so pretty! Peter Pan's Flight is also my favorite! It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Adriana! That ride is just so fun! I wish it were a little longer!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete