SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, June 26, 2015

Buen Camino


For the next 2-3 weeks posting will be fairly slow here on Simply Sarah. Thirteen other classmates and I are about to begin a long backpacking trip through the Basque region of Spain on a pilgrimage called the Ignatian Camino. In a nutshell, it’s a journey walking to various significant sites from the life of St. Ignatius of Loyola who founded an order of Catholic priests called Jesuits. Both of my undergraduate school and graduate school are Jesuit schools and my year in Alaska was with the Jesuit Volunteer Corps, so it will be something to visit these places I’ve been learning about for the past 7/8 years. The Jesuits have a deep emphasis on immersing oneself into different cultures and contexts in order to be educated on root causes of social injustices. Their passion and commitment to social justice is what sparked my own passion and pushed me on the career path I’m on today.

We will begin walking in Loyola, Spain on June 26th (my mom’s birthday!) and end in Barcelona around July 8th (my grandpa’s birthday!) which is when we will fly to Rome for 3 extra days. I’m very excited, but also pretty nervous.

Here is a map of the Camino Ignaciano for those interested:



Needless to say, my access to internet and free-time will be limited, especially with how exhausted I will likely be. I have a few posts already lined up to share, so hopefully they will keep y’all interested and following ;)

Feel free to message me with questions! I can’t guarantee when I will be able to answer, but I can promise that I will answer!


Peace,
Sarah

1 comment :

  1. So excited for you! Can't wait to see what you'll be up to in Spain. Have a safe trip <3

    Roxi - goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete