SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 28, 2015

December Budget


I'm a few days late, but for those who celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a very merry one!

I intentionally took a few days off from blogging to be more present to family and friends and boy was it lovely. Being home has been so much fun and other than the lack of snow (get it together Ohio!) this Christmas break has been top-notch -- more on that and a few other new projects I'm working on later this week.

Today I am linking up with Fran over at Franish in December's Monthly Budget Review.


1. Old Navy Black Sueded Dressy Ankle Booties - $42.94 (40% off + 10% off) $23.19...
...but, I had $25 in rewards, so I added a pair of fuzzy fox socks and paid $0.97 for the two!
They're sold out in black and have very few in burgundy, but you can find similar ones here and here.

2. Old Navy Black Jersey Leggings - $24.94 on sale for $10

3. Old Navy Metallic Scrunch Ballet Flats - $24.94 on sale for $10 

 And an Ohio State Winter Hat from Marshalls (similar) - $9.95

Total - $30.92

All-in-all, not bad. Like many of you, my budget this time of year is dedicated to Christmas gifts for loved ones. I  had hoped not to spend anything on myself, but I am very happy with what I did buy. 

The booties were exactly the style I have been searching for and I was in need of another pair of nice, thick leggings since I wear my other pair all the time. The flats were definitely more of a want than a need, but with the amount off times I have already worn them (for example), they were well worth the $10. 

The OSU hat speaks for itself ;) Let's go Bucks!


I was also very blessed with some wonderful Christmas gifts that I am sure will make an appearance here in some way or another. 

Were you able to stay on track with your budget this month? What was your favorite deal?

Thanks for reading!

Peace,
Sarah

** Linking up with Fran.

12 comments :

  1. You look adorable in that hat! The booties look adorable, can't wait to see what you pair them with.

    Roxi - www.goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxie!! Sorry to be responding to this so stinkin' late! Hope you're well!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I also took some time off and it was amazing! Love those booties and that's awesome that you got it so cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope the time off was well spent, Cara! Sorry for just responding to your comment! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. It's so hard to stay on track with budgeting, but I think we were able to stay pretty close on track! We're trying to reboot for the new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome you were able to stay on track, Annie! How is the reboot going?!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. I love that hat on you - so so cute!! And those shoes are a great treat - cute and fun to wear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kyle! I've been wearing the hat constantly! Sorry to just respond to your comment! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with you...CHristmastime budgeting is tougher and definitely goes more towards gifts! But you won out with your finds...awesome job!

    Coming Up Roses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erica! Sorry to respond so late!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  6. I really need to start doing this myself, because this is just an awesome idea. <3 New resolution for 2016! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great way to keep budgeting in perspective. Have you started it for this year, Mandy? I'd love to hear how it's going.
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete