SOCIAL MEDIA

Sunday, June 14, 2015

There's No Place Like Home



Do you ever have moments where you know an outfit reminds you of something, but you can't quite put your finger on it? I wore this one on Thursday and spent the majority of the day wondering why it felt so familiar. It was a pretty hot day so I decided to braid my hair to get it off of my neck. Midway through braiding, it hit me! Dorothy! This gingham outfit could pass for a modern day version of that charming girl from Kansas who finds herself lost in Oz. 

The Oz-vibe probably comes most from the gingham Gap top (try saying that 5 times fast). I normally don't like the way button-downs look on my figure, but I loved it paired with this white midi-skirt (also Gap). The texture from the cut-outs at the bottom of the skirt paired with the gingham pattern complimented each other beautifully and adding a thin brown belt sealed the deal.

The next time I wear it, I might see what my cherry-red flats look like with it. Probably not though, because I am obsessed with my B.O.C wedges. I couldn't find them in brown online, but I did find the exact same pair in black here. They are seriously one of the most comfortable pairs of shoes I have ever worn. Normally after a few hours of wearing heals I have to take them off to save my poor feet, but I wore these wedges all day and had no problems. I think I'm in love. 



Shirt: Gap (exact)
Skirt: Gap (exact)
Wedges: Marshalls - B.O.C (exact in black)
Sunglasses: Charming Charlie (exact)
Belt: Old (similar)
Ring: Hand-Me-Down





 Here are a few other B.O.C. sandals available. I can't recommend them enough. I'm already looking into my next pair.


Peace,
Sarah

 linked up with SydneyFashionHunter, StyleElixir, PumpsandPushups, PleatedPoppy, CurlyCraftyMom, Mix&MatchFashion

14 comments :

  1. I love this! It's definitely a modern Dorothy look! Those wedges are great, too. I might need a pair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! And do it! I seriously cannot recommend the wedges enough! If you end up getting a pair, I can't wait to see what you think!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I love those wedge shoes! Cute Look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love rocking the modern day dorothy! I did it for a "Wizard of Oz" themed event last year (though with Jeans and Red Pumps)

    that skirt is seriously adorable. love that look!

    www.cookwineandthinker.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Laura! I love your idea of wearing jeans and red pumps instead of the skirt! I'll definitely be keeping that in mind. Thanks for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. Such a cute outfit. I love the skirt. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your skirt! so feminine!
    Irene
    www.thedailylace.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Irene! The Gap sale section has been my weakness lately.
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  6. I love it when outfits are evocative like this and can take us elsewhere. Your modern Dorothy is a charming look, especially the small detail of the teaming of the tan wedges and the belt. Brings it together.

    And the cut out detail on the skirt is really eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thanks for such a lovely message!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  7. Funny, when you were discussing the modern day Dorothy, all I could hear is the Wicked Witch of the West's theme song. I love this spin on a classic. And I tried "gingham gap top" 2x and got so frustrated! Love this look.

    Clare | Understated Classics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Clare! The song is stuck in my head now too! I'd give this particular top a try if you haven't yet already. The fabric is so comfortable and the quality is better than some of the shirts Gap has been selling lately.
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete