SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, May 14, 2015

A Little Lilly and A Lot of Color


 Remember that one time Target did a collaboration with Lilly Pulitzer and it turned into a notorious event deemed "Pink Sunday"? I will admit that I did go to Target that day, but not at the crack of dawn like a lot of shoppers who were clearly more informed about the demand then I was. I honestly didn't think it would be such a big deal! My friend Natalie and I already had plans to shop for supplies for a work event and decided to make Target one of our stops. Like everyone else, we found the shelves pretty bare, with the exception of a few items. Most of the clothing I had wanted to try was taken, but I was able to score a yellow halter top that I had on my list, but that was it - at least until this past weekend.

I needed to pick up some new soap Sunday, stopped by our local Target, and what did I find? A rack with a decent amount of the Lilly by Target merchandise (yay returns). It was mostly children's clothes and random sizes, but there were a few hidden gems. Among them was a pair of white shorts and a very colorful floral tank top that was actually the piece I had most wanted to try. I guess patience pays off, eh?



Top: Lilly by Target (exact, similar)
Cardigan: Gap Outlet (similar)
Shorts: Gap Outlet (similar)
Ring: Sophie Harper (similar)
Pearl Bracelets: Old (similar)
Watch: Boutique in South Korea (similar)
Gold Bangle: Gorjana (exact)
Sandals: Target (exact)
Purse: Coach, from Garage Sale - thanks mom! (similar)

 The pattern is a lot bolder and more colorful than I typically wear, but I really like how vibrant and summery it is. Plus, the neon coloring tends to make my skin look more tan than it actually is and that is always a win in my book. Did you notice the subtle pineapple accent on my shirt's zipper? Have I mentioned I love that trend right now?

Peace,
Sarah

8 comments :

  1. Love this top on you! Very adorable print :) Found you on WIWW and would love to get in touch!

    If you have a sec, I'd love for you to check out my latest on the blog:

    xo,
    Abby of Life in the Fash Lane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Abby! I just stopped by your page and LOVE that mint bow dress.

      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous top! I'm hosting a fashion link up at the moment and I'd love you to stop by :)

    http://www.sydneyfashionhunter.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Allison! I'll check it out :)

      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. I can't believe they had that many returns! So jealous and that top is a beauty on you!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Carrie! I was surprised at the number of returns too. Not gonna complain though ;)
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. What luck! Love the vibrant colors and print of your top! Thanks for linking up with Thursday Fashion Files!

    Jill
    www.dousedinpink.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem, Jill! Thanks for hosting!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete