SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, May 18, 2015

Spots and Stripes




I had planned to wear a sleeveless summer dress yesterday, but the Berkeley weather thought otherwise. Never thought I would say this, but the 60s are pretty chilly, especially when it's cloudy and windy. Lucky for me, a plain black sundress is super easy to layer and still look cute.

To warm up the look, I simply tossed on a jean jacket and scarf, and traded sandals for closed-toed flats. Just because the sun refused to come out didn't mean the bright colors had to stay hidden away. How fun are the polkadot flats?! I bought them at Old Navy for $10.54 and with a $10 reward coupon, I literally spent 54 cents on them! What?!



Dress: Loft (exact, similar)
Jacket: Old, Abercrombie (similar)
Shoes: Old Navy (similar)
Scarf: Marshalls - Steve Madden (similar, love this)
Rings: Sophie Harper (similar)
Bracelet: Gorjana (exact)


There is nothing I like styling more than a plain black dress. There are just so many combinations! I've worn this one as business casual to the office with a cardigan, to a musical with nice shoes and my hair curled, and just by itself on a warm day with flip-flops. It's the dress for any occasion!

I'd love to hear how you style your plain black dress!

Peace,
Sarah

Also, my roommate, Torrey, has graciously been helping me take some photos. Thought I would share a couple bloopers below. Happy Monday! :)



linking up with StyleElixir, Pumps and Pushups, SydneyFashionHunter, Mix&MatchFashion

2 comments :

  1. Cool style post! I really like the pop of color provided by the scarf and flats.

    Happy Wednesday :)
    www.lovecompassionatelee.com/thinkoutloud

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Have a great rest of your week!
    Peace, Sarah

    ReplyDelete