SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Save or Splurge: Pineapples


Happy Tuesday everyone! I hope your weeks are off to a great start. 

Today I wanted to share more save-or-splurge items involving a trend I have been seeing and loving: pineapples! Has anyone else noticed this tasty treat becoming the focal point of shoes, jewelry, clothes, etc? Pineapples are the perfect summer fruit and now they're becoming a great summer accessory or accent. 
shoes: left | right
tank: left | right
tote: left | right

Another thing that I love about this trend is that not all pieces are obnoxiously loud and in your face. There is a time and place for your wardrobe to say "Hi there, pineapple here!" (see the shoes and bags above - I'm in love with the Kaanas espadrilles). But there are also more subtle uses of the fruit in patterns that give a little interest without screaming "I'm wearing fruit!" (like the patterns found in the two tank tops). 

As far as jewelry, Jessica over at Bedknobs and Bobbles shared these adorable pineapple studs last week, which would be another great way to add a pineapple to your look --- never a phrase I thought I would use... but hey, they're pretty great!

Any way you slice it (see what I did there), pineapples are making quite an appearance this summer. Has this summer trend found its way into your closet yet?

Peace,
Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment