SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, May 8, 2015

From That, To This: Brussels Sprouts



Happy Friday everyone! Today I wanted to share a recipe my roommate, Torrey, introduced me too earlier this year. It's a very simple and very delicious brussels sprouts dish made on your stovetop with only four ingredients. 

My housemates and I love them. It seems like someone in the apartment is always making this dish, which usually sparks another one of us to join in the fun as well. In fact, while I was cooking to prepare this post, Torrey came by and ate a bowl with me.

If you have sworn off brussels sprouts from a young age, I encourage you to give them another try. I think these tasty veggies get a bad rap and I know some of you are still probably thinking "brussels sprouts? ewwww." Try them out! You may be pleasantly surprised.

Ingredients:
brussels sprouts
coconut oil
balsamic vinaigrette
parmesan cheese 

Begin by washing your brussels sprouts and cutting them in half. After you're finished chopping, heat about a teaspoon of coconut oil in a pan. Once the oil is melted, put in the sprouts with the flat, cut side facing down. Let them cook for about 3 minutes or until they are desired amount of brown. (I like mine a little crispier.) Stir the brussels sprouts and splash in a tablespoon of balsamic vinaigrette. Let the veggies absorb the vinaigrette and cook for another minute or so. Just a warning, the vinaigrette will change the color of the sprouts so they may look slightly more burnt than you intended. Put the brussels sprouts in a bowl, sprinkle them with some parmesan cheese, and that's it.



I hope you enjoy this recipe! Do you have any delicious ways to use brussels sprouts in a dish? I'd love to hear it!

Peace,
Sarah

1 comment :

  1. I just started eating brussels sprouts again, so this is right up my alley. Thanks for the recipe :)

    Roxi - www.persianfrenchie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete