SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 30, 2015

November Budget


Happy Monday friends! I hope your weeks are off to a stellar start! 

Can you believe that November is basically over? My roommate made the comment that it seems like we just blinked and the month was gone! And it's so true! What is it that always makes November fly by so quickly?

With the end of the month comes Fran's Budget Link-Up which is always a ton of fun. I made a few more purchases this month than in the past few and I'm pretty happy with the pieces. 


1) Old Navy Light Weight V-Neck Sweater -  ($26.94) $7.54

Very comfortable, but also cut very large. Definitely consider going down a size.

2) Gap Factory Always Skinny Jeans - ($59.99) $17.99

Love the color and cut of these jeans. They have a lot of stretch as you wear them, so you may need a size smaller than you think.

3) Old Navy Fleece Cowl Neck Tunic - ($36.94) $26.23

This is the most comfortable sweatshirt ever! Okay, maybe not ever, but it's definitely top 10. I was drawn to it because it is such a unique take on a typical sweatshirt with the cowl neck and zippers and as soon as I tried it on I knew it was coming home with me. I've already worn it too many times to count.

4) Vince Camuto Off the Shoulder High-Low Blouse (Marshalls) - available in blue here, petite here, and plus size here - ($79) $10

I purchased this top in an olive green from the sales rack at Marshalls. The color is fantastic and the sleeves can be worn off-the-shoulder or not which allows it to be more versatile. I paired it with my brown Express motto jacket this weekend for a day of exploring with my mom and got so many compliments. If you run by it in stores, give it a try!

5) Rent the Runway - ($375) $35

I shared a bit about my experience with RtR earlier this month in this post. Technically, with shipping it cost more, but because I also shared a dress with a friend, I thought I could let that slide.


Caslon Sweater (Nordstrom Rack) - very similar here  - ($68) $10.48

Another great sales rack find! Plus, it combines my love for oversized sweaters, decorative zippers, and mustard yellow! I have a strong feeling I'll be sharing an outfit post with this guy at some point.


Earrings bought at local Tibetan boutique in Berkeley - $5 each x2 = $10
While shopping local this Saturday, I came across some beautiful earrings outside of a little shop on College Ave in Berkeley. I was only going to get the diamond-shaped ones for $8, but when they told me about the 2 for $10 deal, I obviously had to pick out another pair.

Not Pictured:

Gap Factory Favorite Cami - ($16.99) $5.99

Standard cami. Great sale. Enough said.


Total: ($ 332.86***) $123.23 
*** I kept the RtR dress as $35 in both tallies, had I added the actual cost of the dress, the totals would show an even bigger difference between what the items cost and what I spent on them!

All in all, not too bad. I'm very happy with this month's purchases and even more happy about the Christmas gifts I bought for friends and family this weekend. I would post them, but that would ruin some surprises ;)


Gifts:

My mom graciously purchased a few items for me while she was in town for Thanksgiving and I wanted to share them here because they're technically part of my style intake this month.

Plus they're adorable!


Old Yak Bazaar Tunic #fairtrade!



I'm obsessed with this monogram necklace. It's very simple and dainty which is just my style. I now have the "S" :)

I'm not a huge fan of Black Friday shopping - though I'm loving Small Business Saturday - so the majority of my items were actually bought prior to Thanksgiving weekend. For those of you who did brave the lines, did you get any good deals??

Thanks for reading!

Peace,
Sarah

*** Linking up with Fran over at Franish

12 comments :

  1. So cute! I just got some new items from Old Navy and saved so much with their Black Friday sales!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They had some great sales going on, that's for sure! I hope you found some goodies! Thanks for reading, Jenna!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. That sparkly dress is ammmmmmaazing! dang, I imagine that is so fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a blast! )Even more so because I didn't have to shell out $400 to do so!) Thanks for reading, Fran!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. I love all of your buys - so cute!! That initial necklace is fabulous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kyle! Your finds were amazing too!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. Cute buys! Love that ultra-sparkly dress from rent the runway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! The dress was a ton of fun to style.
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  5. I love this idea of recording what you buy to add to your wardrobe each month! I may have to start doing this too! *squee* <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun, Mandy. It also holds me pretty accountable with my spending which is a huge perk. Thanks for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  6. I love this idea of documenting what you add to your wardrobe each month! I try hard to live minimally but without keeping track every month, it can be easy to let more and more sneak in :) This year, my husband and I are traveling full time so I'm on a total spending freeze and that is HARD! These pieces look great and I'm a little jealous ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooo traveling sounds like a ton of fun, Linda! I'm sure the memories will mean so much more than a good deal on a sweater ;) Thanks for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete