SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

March Goals


Towards the end of February, I attended a blogging workshop in San Francisco. In preparation for the workshop we were asked to bring a list of goals we had for our sites. As I brainstormed about what I hoped to get from the weekend and what I hoped for my blog, I felt a sense of accomplishment even in just naming my desires. I had my list and I was ready to cross the heck out of it!

The excitement and joy that I found in simply writing down my objectives pushed me to begin setting monthly goals for myself and I decided to share them with you all here! And lucky for me, there are lots of other bloggers who've already set examples of how fun and creative these posts can be.

I see this new series as a way to not only share my goals with you, but to hold myself accountable to complete them, and to cross them off - aka the best part!


Here are my goals for the month of March:

Better Blogging:
Build Content - Post 10 times this month including one new recipe.
Build Community - Read and comment on a minimum of 3 posts per day.
Create Art - Practice/Try new photo skills (Pinterest is a great tool!)

Better Learning:
Manage Time - Get back in the habit of having readings done a day or so early - it's a nice cushion.
Manage Studies - Engage more in comprehensive exam preparations - at least 10 flashcards per week.
Look to the Future - Turn in 5 more job applications.

Better Me:
Be Hospitable - Host a dinner party.
Be Strong - Start running again after stitches are removed.
Embrace the Good - Set aside an extra hour of prayer each week devoted to gratitude.

Have you set any goals for yourself this month? I'd love to hear about them!

Peace,
Sarah



**Linking with The Monthly Goals, #MonthlyGold, #CleartheList, The Road to A Better Me, Grit and Grace

28 comments :

  1. I would love to host a dinner party! It is so much to be close to friends and family. Great goals and have a successful month.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ashley! I hope you have a wonderful March as well!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I need to go to confession...that's my main goal this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right there with you, Amelia! Luckily we have a reconciliation service at my school this Thursday. I hope you find the space to go!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. I love this - especially the gratitude piece! It's wild how much that can positively affect everything else in life, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is wild, Grady! Attitude is everything. Thanks so much for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. These are all such great goals! I was thinking that hosting a dinner party would be a lot of fun. I am training for my 8th half marathon right now, excited to hear about you running again after you get those stitches out!

    Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Carrie! 8 half marathons is incredible! I've run one and was hoping to run my second in April, but because of recent knee trouble and then the stitches I don't think I will be there yet. My plan is to run my first full in December... hopefully! Good luck in your race and thanks so much for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  5. I love your blogging goal to build community! That is one of my long-term goals as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are just so many beautiful people in the blogging world! I hope you are able to find the community you are seeking too! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  6. We love inviting people over for Sunday dinners- it is a perfect time to have some hospitality in my home and really spend some quality time with people. I love your community building goal!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sunday dinners sound like so much fun, Autumn! I hope in the future I am able to have a consistent day of hospitality each week. Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  7. Keeping a gratitude journal is one way to help my heart stay thankful:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a beautiful way to express gratitude, Patty! I love gratitude journals!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  8. Great goals. Good luck on your goal of posting 10 times this month!

    I love your "host a dinner party" goal. I hope you are able to enjoy it and it's not stressful. I would probably stress out...I think I need to be more hospitable...

    Thanks for linking up at With Grit & Grace!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I actually had some friends over for a dinner party last night and it was SO fun! I will admit I was a little stressed, but after finally accepting help from a friend it was a lot easier. Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  9. I think your goals are totally doable, and you're going to rock them hard! I love your blog by the way, it's so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness, thanks so much, Angie! You're too sweet!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  10. Good luck with your goals this months Sarah!
    I like the way you presented it too :) Do you already know what you want to cook for your dinner party?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I hosted one yesterday and ended up preparing gnocchi, salad and roasted potatoes - yum! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  11. I love how intentional your goals are. I started running again and it has been awesome to get back to it, though a bit disheartening to see how much ground I've lost (pun intended) from taking some time off. And it gets hot pretty early in the morning nowadays in Texas, which has made it hard to jog (I am from the PNW and running in the heat is not my cup o' tea!).

    I set goals and posted them on my blog today : http://elle-alice.blogspot.com/2016/03/march-goals.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elle! I'm pretty nervous to see how far behind I am in running as well. It's crazy how much changes after even just a short break! I read your goals the other day and love them! Best of luck for the month to you! Thanks so much for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  12. I like the way you have divided up your goals! Best of luck on your March goals. I really enjoy setting goals, even if I can't always stick to them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think setting them is sometimes the first step in keeping them!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  13. Great goals for this month! Best of luck to you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great goals! I love the goal of hosting a dinner party!
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Olivia! I hosted one this weekend and loved it! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete