SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Sweater Weather



 Happy Wednesday friends! I hope your weeks are off to a great start. We're at that rough halfway point, but I know we can push right through to the weekend!


One of my favorite ways to dress in cooler weather is to toss a sweater over thick leggings with riding boots. It's incredibly simple, and depending on the sweater and boots you choose, also very chic.



These Old Navy ponte-knit leggings are the first thing I wear in the fall time. They are very thick which means they are very warm and there is no undergarments showing through - it's a win-win. I splurged on the boots at the end of last year (inspired by Fran) and couldn't be happier with the purchase. They're by far the most worn fall/winter shoe in my closet.


Do you ever have a color that you have to keep yourself from buying because it's all you've purchased lately? Wine/burgundy/oxblood, whatever you want to call it, is that color for me right now. It's my favorite color and since it's only really warn this time of year, I'm definitely getting my wear out of it.



 Sweater: Gap (similar)
Leggings: Old Navy (this year's)
Boots: Vince Camuto (very similar)
Purse: From Florence (similar)
Watch: Michael Kors (similar)
Bracelet: Alex and Ani (very similar)
Ring: Gorjana (exact)
Earrings: Anthropologie (another option)

As much as I miss the beautiful leaves in Ohio, I do have to admit that all of the sunshine we have here for fall is pretty nice.

What's your favorite easy, cosy fall outfit?

Peace,
Sarah

**linking up with SydneyFashion Hunter, Pleated Poppy, Style Elixir, Pumps and Push Ups, CraftyCurlyMom , Mix & Match Fashion

8 comments :

  1. I too love sweaters! any and every kind! I'm all out oxblood and just decided I needed to get my nails done just like yours! Thanks for the inspiration! xo Tammy

    http://www.wildruffle.com/2015/11/11/never-say-never/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! It's by far my favorite nail color because it matches SO much more than you would expect!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I also love oxblood! I gravitate towards it every year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you, Laura! Such a great color!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. Hi, I am Ada. So happy I found your blog. I am with you. I love burgundy always but gravitate towards it a lot for Winter and Fall. I love your sweater, purse and earrings. Chic look.

    I welcome you to check out my blog. Thanks, Ada. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, Ada! I'm so happy you like my space! I'll definitely hop over to your page and give it a look as well!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. Favorite combination! I've definitely been a late comer to leggings, but when you're stuck at the library sitting for about 6 hours on top of 4 hours of lecture and 3 hours of class activities... you need to wear comfortable clothing. I really like the sweater! Do you wear some sort of tank top underneath? I also like that you matched the nailpolish and the bag, very cute :)

    Roxi - www.goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You said it girl. Comfortable clothing is a must in school lectures. I love these from Old Navy because they're just a tad fancier so you seem more put together. I am wearing a tank under the sweater, but I typically where one under all of my tops. Thanks for reading! Hope England is treating you well!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete