SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, November 2, 2015

5 Weekly Graces Vol. 2


It's Monday, which means classes are in full swing and my week of rest has come to an end. But rather than dwell on the impending papers and exams, I am happy to look back on my week filled with fond memories.


1.) On Monday, I was blessed with the opportunity to go hiking at Yosemite with some great friends. Yosemite has been on my list of things to do for quite some time, so I was super jazzed when I was invited to join. We focused mainly on hiking around Yosemite Falls and the views were spectacular. I'll be posting more about the trip later this week.



2.) This week was also filled with lots of fun parties. On Thursday, my house hosted a karaoke party which was a BLAST! I'm typically not one to sing in front of others, but put me in front of a karaoke machine and apparently I can be persuaded. (My go-to song is Man in the Mirror by Michael Jackson - always a crowd pleaser.) My house also hosted a Halloween party on Saturday. Also a ton of fun, but my introverted self was definitely struggling towards the end.

The 4 seasons - I was winter :) 

3.) I finished making my 101 in 1001 list! I've been working on it for a while now but had been stumped by the last chunk of them and subsequently pushed it to the side. But luckily for me, the inspiration of some friends and fellow bloggers struck me on a drive home from work this week and I thought of (and remembered!!) the ideas I needed to finish it off. I'll share a more on this later as well.

4.) My mom had been talking about coming out to California for Thanksgiving, but it didn't look like finances were going to pull through. Luckily, she had put in some OT that she finally got paid for and will be joining me out here later this month! She's never been to California, so I am excited to get to share a little bit of my life out here.

5.) The last grace this week carries more of a sad tone. This Wednesday, my Great-Grandmother Edie was welcomed home to heaven almost a month after turning 95. While she will be terribly missed, her death was not prolonged, and she expressed being ready to go home to God. Her unwavering faith is truly inspiring. Though she herself was not Catholic, I am comforted to be able to celebrate her life on these holy feasts of All Saints and All Souls, especially since I cannot be home for the services. Please keep her and my family in your thoughts and prayers.

What were you graced by this past week?

Peace,
Sarah

6 comments :

  1. Congratulations on finishing your 101 in 1001! I'm still chipping away at mine and am so impressed you were able to complete it. Condolences on the passing of your great-grandmother, but what a wonderful life!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whoops, the wording makes it sound like I am way more ahead of the game than I actually am... I only just finished writing it haha (I will edit that.) Yours was definitely one of the ones that inspired me! And thank you for your condolences, it's much appreciated!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I'm so excited to read about your 101 list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lady! It should be up tomorrow (hopefully)!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry to hear about your great grandmother Sarah. Sounds like she lived a long and rich life. I also love Yosemite - I grew up in NorCal. I want to take my family there sometime. I have not idea what the 101 in 1001 is, but am very intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your kind words, Angela. Where did you grow up in California? I'm studying in Berkeley right now. Any suggestions of things I should do before graduating? I just posted about the 101 in 1001 if your interested in learning more. It's a ton of fun! Thanks so much for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete