SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 8, 2015

From That To This: Christmas Cookies

Wow, it has been a long time since I posted a recipe here on the blog! I have still been working on my culinary skills, I promise. I just apparently haven't taken the time to document any of them.

As I mentioned in my post yesterday, last Wednesday I was graced with a bit of free time and decided to bake some cookies to share with my students. I may or may not have watched a cheesy Christmas movie via Netflix while doing so...

When I was growing up, one of my favorite things to do around Christmas time was bake cookies with my grandma. Each year she made trays upon trays of different, delicious cookies ranging from mini pecan tarts to "snowballs". Now that she's a bit older she doesn't bake as much, but she has me to carry on the tradition.


Of the many types of cookies she taught me to make, my favorites have always been the classic peanut butter cookies with a chocolate kiss in the middle. It's not the fanciest, or even the most original, but gee are they good!

And chances are, other than the Hershey kisses, you probably have all of the ingredients in your pantry already!


Ingredients:
Creamy Peanut Butter
Sugar
Brown Sugar
Butter
Egg
Vanilla
Flour
Baking Soda
Salt
Hershey Kisses

Begin by preheating your oven to 350 F.

Blend 1/2 cup peanut butter, 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2cup brown sugar, and 1/2 cup butter until creamy. (You may want to make sure your butter is soft, especially if you do all of your mixing by hand.) Once smooth, mix in one egg and 1tsp vanilla.


In a separate bowl, sift together 1 1/3 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda and 1/2 tsp salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until smooth.


Roll the cookie dough into about 1 inch balls and place them on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Be sure to leave a few inches of space between each ball because the cookies spread a good amount. You should get about 2 dozen from each batch.


Bake for about 10-13 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye out so your bottoms don't burn!

While the cookies are baking, unwrap enough Hershey kisses for each cookie to have 1 placed in the middle. Once cookies are out of the oven, gently place a Hershey kiss in each center.



What's your favorite Christmas cookie to bake? (Or eat!)

As always, feel free to message me with any questions.

Peace,
Sarah

ps Happy Feast of the Immaculate Conception!!!

** I'm linking up with The Great Christmas Cookie Recipe Swap, Tasty Tuesday#RecipeoftheWeekDelicious Dish Tuesday, CraftyCurlyMom and the 12 Days of Blogmas. Be sure to check out the other awesome recipes shared!

20 comments :

  1. These are my favorites too! Quick, simple, and super delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your last sentence is exactly why I love them too! Thanks for reading, Cara!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Agreed. Chocolate and peanut butter are meant to be! Thanks for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THESE COOKIES!!! I've never actually made them myself, though! Maybe this year is my year ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grady! Let me know if you try them! I would love to hear how they turn out!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. These sound delicious! I love these kind of cookies!!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! They're definitely a favorite in my family!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  5. This blog post and I were meant to meet! I've always wanted to know how to make these! I've never bothered to look up a recipe though. I'm definitely pinning this to try out later. :) Oh and thanks for linking up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's meant to be! Let me know if you try to make them! I would love to hear how they turn out!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  6. I love peanut butter blossoms! They are always one of my favorite cookies to make! I made peanut butter cookies on Monday for my 12 days of Blogmas post too! Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have a name! We always just call them the peanut butter cookies with a kiss haha. Thanks so much for solving that mystery and for reading, Cate!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  7. Wow! These look absolutely delicious! Although I am not much of a baker, I am definitely going to try these. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Lizbeth! I'd love to hear how they turn out!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  8. Ah! NOW I know what these cookies are! I've always wondered!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Another blogger left a comment of they're actual name: peanut butter blossoms! I never knew! Glad we can all help each other out! Thanks for reading, Rebecca!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  9. Those look so yummy! I am going to have to give them a try. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Miranda! Let me know how they turn out!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  10. Peanut butter cookies are addicting! These look fabulous! Thanks for sharing the recipe :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too addicting, Ashlee! Luckily my roommates and students helped eat them! Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete