SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Simple Thoughts vol. 5

One of the amazing sunsets over the Golden Gate taken from my apartment balcony.


This weekend I moved back to Berkeley for my final year of graduate studies (and hopefully final year of studies ever). It's a little bit of an adjustment getting used to new housemates and new students around, but I am very much looking forward to starting classes.

Speaking of classes, I will actually be missing my first week of them (we start on the 8th) for a trip to Ecuador with 12 students for work. We'll spend 10 days immersing ourselves in the community and learning from the friends we meet. I have to admit, I'm fighting between feelings of being excited for this opportunity and not so thrilled to be traveling again in such a short period of time. I'm really just ready to be back for school and remain home for more than a week at a time. The trip will be amazing though, I am sure. 


Well, it's September already which means Fran shared her budget link-up for August. I love clicking through the links to see what great finds everyone has. I can't wait to see how Kyle styles that yellow blouse! You can also see my budget here!

Glamour shared a short-but-sweet article explaining why simply saying "I'm fine" when asked how you are can cause do more harm than good.

This "Love Letter to the Inflatable Chair" had me feeling nostalgic about the 90s and missing my butterfly clips.


Beth from Budget Bytes has done it again with this Creamy Spinach Artichoke Pizza. Good golly does it look good!

Cornbread is one of my favorites but I've never tried to make it from scratch. I guess I'll have to change that with Rosevine Cottage Girls' recent recipe.

I rarely eat breakfast, but these 4 Easy Breakfasts look too good to not try out! I mean, ricotta toast with honey and pears?!? I'm drooling.


Anthropologie is offering 30% off of sale items which is a great way to make you feel a little less guilty for splurging on this beautiful dress and these great sandals.

Banana Republic is having a 30% off sale today (Sept. 1). I wasn't sure if I liked the new sleeveless turtleneck trend, but this tunic may have persuaded me.


I'm in the market for a nice big soft white bath robe. Does any one have brand suggestions? The fluffier the better.

In Cinque Terre I had a delicious fresh-squeezed watermelon, lemon, ginger juice. I'd love to be able to recreate it and start making some other tasty juices with my own juicer.

Normally I really don't like animal print, but I've been seeing so many cute ways to upgrade an outfit with a pair of leopard print flats that I'm considering buying a pair for myself. (My little sister will be proud.)


Happy Tuesday!

Peace,
Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment