SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 29, 2015

5 Weekly Graces Vol. 10


Joy to the world friends!

Christmas this year has been extra merry and filled with love. In fact, last week was so joyful that I had a tough time choosing only 5 moments of grace - what a great problem to have! As the Christmas celebration continues, I am very excited for more time with loved ones and relaxation.


1) Christmas

Our Christmas traditions pretty basic, but I always look forward to the time with family. On Christmas Eve we gather at my grandma's house for a light dinner and share gifts with the extended family. Then on Christmas day I go to mass with my grandma and then we head to dinner at my aunt and uncle's house (basically a second Thanksgiving). Nothing fancy, but now that I live so far from home, Christmas is the only time of year I get to see everyone so I really treasure this time spent together.

For those who celebrate, I hope your Christmas has been just as full of life and joy.

2) Time Spent with Friends

On the eve of Christmas Eve (aka Wednesday) I was blessed with a day full of friendship. It started with some laser tag followed by a delicious lunch at Cornerstone Brewing Co. in Berea. Then after picking up the last of my Christmas gifts (#procrastinationwins) I went and watched the Cavs beat the Knicks in a great game at the Q. And to top it off, we walked through PlayHouse Square on our way back to the car to see all of the Christmas lights and decorations. Such a great day, but gosh did it make me miss Cleveland!

3) Always, Always, Always a Bridesmaid

(Name that movie!)

My cousin and her high school sweetheart got engaged this summer and on Christmas she presented me with an adorable gift box filled with chocolate and wine (she knows me well) asking me to be one of her bridesmaids. I am so honored to be a part of her special day. This will be my 6th time as a bridesmaid (7th if you count being a flower girl) and every time I am asked I am just so humbled and grateful that these beautiful women want to spend their day with me by their side. Such an honor.

4) Star Wars

I'm a huge Star Wars nerd (#noshame) so obviously I had to see The Force Awakens while I was home. Lucky for me, my sister also loves the movies so we made it a sister date. I was very skeptical when I heard they would be making more movies, but have to admit that I was more than pleasantly surprised with how much I liked this new one. If you haven't seen it, I would definitely recommend it.

There's a point in the movie where a character dramatically says, "May the force be with you," to which I immediately leaned over to my sister and said, "And with your spirit." Gotta love Catholic jokes :P

5) Run.

This past semester was one of the most academically challenging I have had. Between the astronomical amounts of reading on top of work, I had very little time for anything else which meant I didn't run and I really missed it. For me, running is not only a great source of exercise, but also a huge stress reliever. I am by no means good at it, but I always enjoy the sense of accomplishment I feel after a run. So last week I hopped on the treadmill (thanks for the rain Ohio...) and have slowly been getting back into my rhythm and boy does it feel good.

Where did you find joy in life last week?

Peace,
Sarah

**Linking Up with Ember Grey

2 comments :

  1. Sounds like an awesome week. Christmas week is always a blur, but one of the best of the year. My favorite part is the Catholic joke, gotta love 'em ;) I'm glad you were able to catch up with your friends and family
    ~Mattie
    Www.mattiesmakings.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to getting back to running, especially after all of those Christmas cookies that may have been consumed! ;) Thanks for linking up, Sarah!

    ReplyDelete