SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, September 24, 2015

When Fall Still Feels Like Summer...


It's fall, y'all! Crack out the pumpkins, apple cider, and beautiful oranges and reds because the best time of the year is here!

 I would LOVE to be wearing some riding boots, flannel and a scarf, but alas, it's still in the mid to upper 80's where I am in California. Currently it's 88 degrees and feels nothing like a good old Ohio fall.


However, rather than stare longingly at pictures of my ideal autumn weather, I've decided to be thankful for the warmth and sunshine and keep on wearing the sundresses in my closet that I can (sort of) sneak by as not specifically for spring or summer.


Dress: Gap (similar)
Flats: Old from Target (similar)
Necklace: Charming Charlie (exact)
Sunglasses: Target (similar)
Tote: Market in Florence (similar)

Now, to be honest with you, I took these photos while I was in Portofino this summer... but, I wore the same outfit today (with a different pair of flats) and figured it would be silly to take more photos of it. So not only did I save myself time on my way to work this morning, but I also got to reminisce about my time in Italy this summer. Take me back, please!



I picked up this dress from Gap for under $20 this summer. It's a great piece for those days when the weather can't make up it's mind because all you have to do is toss on a nice cardigan (hello mustard!) and you're set. I'm a huge fan of wearing tights with dresses, so I'll definitely continue to wear this dress when the temperatures finally decide to drop out here.


On a random note, I finally had to toss out my teal Target flats :( We reached the point of no return in Italy so they did not come home with me. They will be missed. If anyone knows of a pair of inexpensive teal ballet flats, I am all ears!

Thanks for reading and I hope your fall is off to a beautiful start! If you're in the midwest, hit up an apple orchard for me please!!

Peace,
Sarah

2 comments :

  1. I totally hear you; it's still in the triple digits here in Arizona and I've actually been cranking the AC so I can put on my leggings and fall sweaters, haha! Thanks for reminding me that I can still wear some cute things while it's still warm!

    xo Chelsie @ Life with Rosie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, triple digits in fall! I don't think I could handle it! Thanks for reading, Chelsie! Peace, Sarah

      Delete