SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, September 4, 2015

Let's Review


I'm about to bring up a sale that most of you have probably forgotten by now: The Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. 

I know what you're all thinking: What's she doing? Doesn't she know it's been over for nearly a month? The end of summer clearance sale has already started! And you're right my friends. You are right.

However, if you read my posts about the sale, you may remember that because I was in Italy and my purchases were sent to California, I was not able to try on my haul. Luckily, the NSale featured items that Nordstrom still carries which means if you were interested in anything I'm about to share, it's still up for grabs! (Just not at the sale price.)

First up, the BP Striped High-Low Tee:


 When I placed the order, I had high hopes for this top. I mean, who doesn't love a $12 striped tee that looks like it could be long enough to pair with leggings, amiright? But after reading reviews from those who also bought the top, I had a good feeling the arms would be too tight. And they were. I suppose I could try sizing up to a medium, but I'm really not that in love with it.

Next we have the Treasure & Bond High-Low Popover Top:


 First of all, I don't think I would call this top a "high-low". Secondly, I guess I didn't notice it wasn't a collared top which isn't always an issue, but I really didn't care for the way the top of this shirt looked. Another no... (I'm wearing a medium.)

BP Long Textured Open Cardigan :


This sweater was super comfortable, but it was also very large (I'm in a medium). For those interested, it is actually on sale for a few dollars less than I paid during the sale!

Kendra Scott Arden Station Cuff:


This bracelet was daintier than I expected, which I really liked. Plus, the beautiful amethyst color is unlike any jewelry I currently own. It's a keeper :) 

Gorjana "Taner" Small Bar Pendant Necklace:


I really wanted to love this necklace. I'm a huge fan of Gorjana's jewelry. I love how elegant and simple the pieces are. However the color was much more of a metallic pink then a rose gold and I just don't think I will wear it enough to justify the price. I am considering exchanging it for a plain gold version.

Nordstrom Crisscross Hoop Earrings (sold out - loving these though):


These earrings are probably the only item that I knew instantly I would keep. Their interesting shape combined with the minimalist appearance allows them to be both elegant and edgy. I've worn them just about every day this week.



While I appreciated that the earrings were smaller than I expected (large studs often look awkward on my face...) I didn't love them enough to put them in the "yes" pile. The emerald color is gorgeous though!

Sam Edelman "Alaine" Scalloped Topline Flat:


I was anxious to see if this new pair of turquoise flats would live up to the love I have for my old Target ones. The color was a little more blue than I expected, but I love the scallop detailing of this shoe! I ordered a size 9 and they are just slightly too small so I think I may exchange them for a 9.5. To make things even better, they're on sale again and even cost a little less than before!


Top Left: Street Level Vegan Leather Pocket Tote (sold out)

Top and Bottom Right: the Florence bags


I've already mentioned in a few previous posts that I bought bags in Florence (on right) knowing they would replace the two I purchased from Nordstrom (on left). I am super pleased with my choices and how similar they ended up being.

First of all, I could barely tell the two totes apart! The Street Level Tote is light weight and well made, but unfortunately it's is sold out :( 

But the oxblood crossbody is still available! The purse felt a bit heavy for such a small bag (probably because of the chain strap), but it was a very nice quality bag that could easily hold your phone, some makeup, sunglasses, and have room to spare. 

Well, that's it for the review. Now that I know I'm only keeping 2-3 of the items, I feel a lot better about that little July Budget hiccup! 

Have you made any great purchases lately? Have any recommendations as we transition into the best season of the year?

Thanks for reading!

Peace,
Sarah





No comments :

Post a Comment