SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, September 28, 2015

September Budget


Happy Monday all! Can you believe September is basically over already?! It feels like I blinked and those first four weeks of class just zipped by!

This month's spending was definitely under budget, which is great in my book. Beginning to pay rent and buy school books probably played a part in that, along with having zero free time to even browse some shops. Yay grad school!


First up is this beautiful rose-covered dress that I bought in Ecuador. While we were there, we spent some time with a woman who owns her own clothing store. She graciously spoke with me and my students in the back of her store where she does all of her sewing and designing. I had noticed this beautiful floral fabric while we were chatting, so when she brought a dress to the market made from the fabric I had been admiring, I had to try it on. It fit like a glove! The material is super comfortable and I've already paired it with a navy cardigan to make it seem more "fall appropriate".


I also picked up these beautiful earrings while in Ecuador. I'm a big fan of funky earrings because they are such an easy way to add interest to an outfit and often spark conversation!

Last weekend I finally returned Nordstrom sale pieces and ended up exchanging the Gorjana Necklace for regular gold in replace of the really pink rose gold. Technically not a new purchase, but it is still a new addition to the closet so I thought I would note it here. Though, if we are being critical I was actually given 30 cents back because of a tax difference :P

Dress: $25
Earrings: $4
Gorjana Necklace: $0-Exchanged
Total: $29

All-in-all, not a bad spending month... which gives me permission to start eyeing up some new pieces for fall, right??

Thanks for reading!

Peace,
Sarah

** As always, I'm linking up with Fran for this budget series! Be sure to check out her post this month and others who've linked up as well!

10 comments :

  1. I love finding unique items when we travel. It's such a wonderful reminder of the trip! Those earrings are especially stunning and the dress was fate!

    I have that Gorjana necklace in gold. I've had it for around four years and I still wear it often. It's a great piece!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! I'm wearing the necklace now and definitely happy with my decision to keep it. Super versatile. Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. Those earrings are amazing! And it's a great story that you got them abroad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kyle! They have been my go-to pair as of late and sparked some interesting conversations. Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. Those earrings are amazeballs! So unique and show your personality so well :) And the best part is that you can look at those, wear them, and remember the fond memories that came along with finding them.

    Roxi - www.goldenpolkadots.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxi! They are wonderful reminders of a beautiful trip. Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. That dress is absolutely gorgeous. It's such a statement piece, and you know the odds of anyone else having the same dress are slim to none! It was a fantastic buy, especially for $25!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The dress is beautiful, and the earring is definitely a conversation piece!

    For Halloween, I will be joining my sister and nephew, walking around the neighborhood from door to door!!! He is dressing up as a Transformer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The dress is beautiful, and the earring is definitely a conversation piece!

    For Halloween, I will be joining my sister and nephew, walking around the neighborhood from door to door!!! He is dressing up as a Transformer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are so pretty! And for $29 you can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete