SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, April 18, 2015

Save or Splurge: Tassels



Many who know me know that I'm a fan of shopping. Those who know me well, know how much of a bargain hunter I am. It is rare, if ever, that I pay full price for an item, especially a "trendy" one. As much as I love keeping an eye out for the latest fad, I am very aware of how quickly trends fade and new fads arise. Why spend 5x as much on an item that will never be a staple in my wardrobe, right?

So, I shop around. Before deciding to buy something, I look at multiple stores and websites to check out my options. Often I find almost the exact same item from different stores at different prices. Other times I have found something I like even more than the piece I originally set my eyes on. It's almost like a game - a game in which I usually win a prize of saved $$$ and a new addition to my closet.

I don't know about you, but lately I have been seeing tassels everywhere. They're on shoes, purses, dresses, scarfs, and just about everything else in stores. I've been loving the subtle flair they can give to an item or outfit. I also like the variety of materials and colors they are found in.

As jewelry, tassels can add interest to an otherwise simple outfit without having to be as dramatic as your typical statement pieces. For example, check out Fran's use of a tassel necklace with her gorgeous red dress. Stunning.

I've been perusing and comparing (aka shopping) some tasseled jewelry to share. Here are some of the items I found. There's a high chance that a pair of tassel earrings will be somewhere in my near future...






Something to keep in mind is the saying "you get what you paid for". Sometimes the cheeper option is made with less quality. While it is nice to save money, you have to be aware of the fact that the bargain piece may not last as long. For example, the less expensive tassel jewelry I've posted (all on the left) is from Forever21. Forever21 is a great store for those looking for the latest trend, but their quality can vary (though I usually have success with their jewelry). The pieces on the right are from Nordstrom and Shopbop which tend to have higher quality items but also higher prices. When it comes to staples rather than trends, I still shop around, but usually opt to pay a little extra for quality when purchasing an item I know I will be wearing a lot.

What are some trends you've been noticing? Any favorite tassel pieces to share?

Peace,
Sarah



No comments :

Post a Comment