SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Black, White, and Denim


As I've gotten older and my fashion sense has matured (woah), I find myself pulled toward more plain clothing in neutral colors. Don't get me wrong, I still love a good print (I'm wearing one now), but I've definitely simplified. I think part of it has to do with looking younger. Working at a university when you aren't far from your students' age can be rough. Half of the time students think I'm a classmate until I introduce myself. I'm told I will appreciate this when I'm older... Another part is simply tastes changing over time, along with the realization that plain pieces can be mixed and matched so much more.


I didn't notice when I put it on, but this outfit is comprised of clothing from my closet that I wear constantly. The white tank top is one of my favorite shirts because it is so simple, yet the stitched pattern gives it something extra. I bought it at Marshall's this summer to wear with a maxi skirt and have been adding it to outfits ever since. 

The chambray is a go-to for layering when I am tired of cardigans and black pants can never go wrong in my opinion. I bought this pair on sale at J Crew last fall but didn't wear them until recently and for the life of me, I don't know why! They're essentially a fancier pair of jeans which means I can get away with them as business casual and they are crops that don't look like floods on me (5'8")! My teal Target flats get worn with most of my clothes. It wasn't a color that I would expect to match well, but surprisingly I find it does. They're on their last leg (or foot if you will) but I love them so much that I plan to wear them until they completely fall apart. 


Top: Marshalls, Haute Society (similar)
Chambray: Pac Sun - sold out (similar)
Pants: JCrew (exact) ON SALE!
Shoes: Old from Target (similar)
Watch: Boutique in South Korea (similar)
Bracelets: Old (similar)

 Note: Sorry for the dreary looking (and oddly sized) photos. After multiple days of sun and warm weather, the day I had planned to snap some pics decided to be cloudy and chilly (naturally). I'm also trying to get used to self-timing on my camera and focusing it correctly on timer. Nevertheless, this is my first outfit post! Not the best, but I don't hate it :) We all start somewhere, right?

I also just noticed my sandal tan line. Gotta love that year-round California sunshine.

Do you have any clothes in your closet that you just can't wear enough? Or any tips for blog photography?

I hope you all have a terrific Tuesday!

Peace,
Sarah

4 comments :

  1. For a first outfit post, you did awfully well! I'm almost too embarrassed to go back and look at my first one. ;-) These are all such great versatile pieces. And those flats are too cute! (I'm such a flats girl.)

    (P.S. If you're interested, I'm giving away a Helen Ficalora pendant for Mother's Day. Enter here.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, thank you so much! I would sign up for the give-away, but my mom doesn't really wear jewelry and would much rather someone whose mom would wear such a lovely piece win it :) --And now you have me looking into what "bloglovin'" is because your blog is fabulous and I want to follow along!

      Delete
  2. You've definitely pulled off the outfit pictures! I'm still trying to figure it all out... for now my roommate holds the camera or I use my lil' mirror. Some fellow bloggers have said they use remotes with their cameras, but they also have fancy cameras that can do things like connect to remotes. I'm trying to save up in order to get one of those... one day.

    I really love this outfit! The shoes and the detail in the shirt really make it unique. Can't wait to see what else you got :)

    Roxi - www.persianfrenchie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Roxi! That's awesome that your roommate helps you out with your photos. Let me know if you come up with any fun tips/tricks and I'll do the same!

      Delete