SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, January 29, 2016

January Budget


January was apparently a good month of shoes for me. Both trips to Target taken to buy traveling essentials found me in the shoe section coming home with pairs of shoes that are styles I have been keeping an eye out for. And both pairs were under $9!

So even though my goal was to limit any spending outside of my trip to Jerusalem, I did end up buying shoes... #noregrets

Other than shoes, I was able to get a few beautiful pieces from my journeys in the Holy Land including two scarves, a pair of earrings, and a beautiful, reversible  wrap skirt that I am pretty obsessed with. The patterns are a little mismatched which normally drives me nuts, but for whatever reason, I really liked this combination - maybe California is mellowing me out.

sneakers: exact, similar  |  flats: exact, similar


As far as numbers, I didn't keep as good records of my spending on the items in Jerusalem as I should have. I am pretty sure what I remember is accurate, but I might be off by 20 shekels or so (aka $5).


Sneakers: $8.48
Leopard Flats: $8.48
Nude Scarf: $5
Black Floral Scarf: $12
Coin Earrings: $4
Reversible Skirt: $10

Total: $47.96


The shoe-filled January was also made possible via some great thrift finds from my mom. When I go home for breaks I don't bring a lot of clothes with me and often ask my mom to borrow a jacket or pair of shoes. This time around I was in need of some black flats and she brought over these beauties and said I could take them because she didn't wear them often enough. OK, twist my arm mom ;)

The embellished smoke shoes are something that I would have never tried on or bought myself, but I LOVE them. They give just the right amount of glam to an outfit and are really comfortable. I am also not a huge fan of pointed toe shoes, but love the way these two-piece flats. They're the perfect combination of fun and professional. 

So there you have it, lots of shoes and some great finds while traveling. What deals did you find this month?

Peace,
Sarah

**linking up with Franish

8 comments :

  1. I love all of your Holy Land souvenirs! So beautiful and perfect to remember your trip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kyle! They'll definitely serve as beautiful reminders!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. That reversible skirt is beautiful!! I didn't find any deals this month - I'm trying to reign in my spending!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! Reigning in on the spending is the plan for me as well - couldn't resist some souvenirs though!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. what gorgeous scarves! I bought a few scarves while in Spain several years ago and they are still my favorites. =) my deal this month was finding a book that i've been searching for the past few years!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A book you've been searching for for years?! Wow! So happy you finally found it! Which book is it?
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. I love bringing clothes back as souvenirs from my travels! The odds of someone else wearing the same outfit as you are slim to none when you wear those pieces. I love the scarves you picked up, they look like they'll be super versatile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Cassie! They also tend to spark great conversation! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete