SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Product Review: Covergirl Plumpify Mascara and Colorlicious Oh Sugar! Lip Balm


I didn't start wearing mascara until graduate school with the exception of maybe three school dances. To be fair, it wasn't until recently that I even began wearing much beyond coverup for the dark circles under my eyes. And though I've begun wearing makeup on a more regular basis, I still try to keep it very minimalist and natural looking which basically means that I cover up the dark circles, brush on a little bronzer, add a touch of mascara and a bit of color to my lips and call it a day. If I'm feeling really fancy, I might add some eye shadow and a bolder lip, but this is still new territory. I'm very much still learning and have been loving trying out new products from the recommendation of friends, family, and of course fellow bloggers to find my favorite look.

So, when I was presented with the opportunity to review Covergirl's new Plumpify Mascara by blastPro and the Colorlicious Oh Sugar! lip balm, I was thrilled! Try out two new Covergirl cosmetics that I would probably end up purchasing anyway? Yes please! Sign me up!

I don't think I've ever been so excited (/impatient) while waiting for a package to arrive in the mail. I couldn't wait to try these beauties and now that I'm back in the States, I couldn't wait to share my review with you all!


Let's begin with the Plumpify Mascara by blastPro.

Initially I was intimidated by the size of the mascara tube because it is larger than ones I am used to.  But once I began to use the product, I fell in love! The unique shape and direction of the bristles allow the mascara to not only comb your lashes, but evenly add the makeup to them creating a look that extends your lashes and brightens your eyes. I could definitely tell that I was wearing mascara, but it didn't look as fake and caked on and clumpy as other mascaras I have tried in the past. 



The Colorlicious Oh Sugar! lip balm is AMAZING! I'm obsessed. So much so, in fact, that I may have already purchased another color...

My lips get incredibly dry in the winter and I am often torn between wearing a chapstick to help moisturize and heal them, or wearing a lipstick or gloss to add some color to my look. This Covergirl lip balm is a great compromise! Not only does it add a nice amount of tint to your lips, but it is made with great ingredients like grapeseed oil, avocado butter and Vitamins C and E which helps to moisturize and keep your lips nice and soft.

Another plus: there are about 10 different shades to choose from! I was gifted the #3 "caramel" color to test and it is the perfect shade for a natural lip on me. As you can see from the photo below, the caramel doesn't leave much of a tint which helps achieve that "no makeup look". Because I love the product so much, I decided to purchase #7 "soda" which adds a nice hint of red to my daily routine. I think I've worn it just about every day since I bought it!


Both items are available in stores to purchase and under $10 each! My own local Target is currently carrying both the Plumpify Mascara and every color of the Colorlicious Oh Sugar! lip balm!

Let me know if you end up trying them! I'd love to hear what you think!

Peace,
Sarah

**A big thanks to both Covergirl and Influenster for sponsoring this post. While products were supplied in exchange for a review, all opinions are entirely my own.

4 comments :

  1. How fun! I can honestly say I probably wouldn't have looked into this lip gloss if you didn't review it, but after seeing how natural it looks I am so going to try it out...just gotta wait for my next Covergirl coupon in the Sunday paper hehe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Manda, let me know if you try it out! I'd love to hear what you think! Also, great couponing!!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I love new lip balms so I can't wait to try this one! Great review!

    Xoxo,
    Amanda
    Trulyyoursa.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amanda! Let me know if you try it! I'd love to hear what you think!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete