SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, July 27, 2015

Simple Thoughts vol. 2


Another summer week come and gone... can you believe it?! I know they say time flies when you're having fun, but this is ridiculous.

Cheers to a fresh week - because someone needs to be an optimist :)



As you may have seen on my Instagram, I spent this past weekend wandering around Cinque Terre and oh boy was it beautiful! I will definitely be posting soon about the "5 Lands", so keep a look out!

--On a side note: I'm not entirely sure where in Italy I plan to visit this coming weekend, so if you have any suggestions, please let me know!

This week my host mom taught me how to make pesto! I took took some notes and snapped some photos (shocking, I know), so there will be an Italian version of "From That to This" making its way to the blog soon!

I'm officially half way done with my stint as an au pair! Man does time fly! While I will hate to leave Italy and Europe, I have to admit that after over a month abroad so far, I am starting to feel ready to be home. But rather than dwell on what is to come, I definitely plan to make the most of the time left until August 27th.

Oh, and don't forget to enter the PayPal Cash Giveaway!


Have y'all heard that they found a new Dr. Seuss book?! I am a huge fan of Dr. Seuss. I loved his books as a child and love reading them to the kids I babysit for. The books have a beautifully simple way of educating children on important issues like caring for the environment (The Lorax), focusing on more than the material (How the Grinch Stole Christmas) and so much more! What an unexpected treasure!

Jenna (from Jenna Rose Colored Glasses) recently shared a great lesson of the value of taking time away from your cell phone. Her ability to find the good in a bad situation is definitely admirable.

Loving the new Dubai inspired Mystic Bazaar Kendra Scott collection. Thanks for the introduction, Jessica (Here&Now)!


Kale, Sweet Potato and Bean Soup?! Sign me up please! Not only does Sheryl (Fab Food for Life) provide readers with this awesome recipe, but she also discusses the benefits of the vegetables in the soup!

Over on Delicious Meets Healthy, Neli offers a healthier way to enjoy a breakfast fave - Pass the Paleo Pancakes, please!

I've been considering getting a spiralizer for about a year now (#indecisive) and Julia (from Oh My Veggies) may have just pushed me over to the "yes" side of the fence with her Lemon Garlic Zucchini Noodle recipe. It looks SO good.


The Gap is having a 40% off sale online and I am loving this striped peplum top and a dress version of my cut-out skirt (last seen here)!

The Nordstrom Anniversary sale will end this weekend, so be sure to return to your online shopping carts before the prices go up!


If you've read my first Countdown, you may remember that my beloved cognac sandals are falling to bits...which gives me permission to frequently stalk this pair of Steve Madden sandals, right?

I have a slight obsession with Anthropologie and their dresses. Currently pining over this floral beauty...

Lastly, a fun flamingo pool float. Just because they look so darn fun! I'd be willing to settle for the swan. Or donut ;)



Happy Monday!

Peace,
Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment