SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, December 23, 2019

Holiday Work Party



I've always been a skirt and dress kinda girl. Not necessarily fancy, but I especially find dresses to be an easy way to look put together and only have to worry about shoes to match instead of multiple pieces. Plus, if you add tights to the look, it works for all seasons!

Skirts are basically the same with just a tad more effort. In my wardrobe, that basically means tucking in a black or white top and calling it a day. I clearly spend a lot of time getting ready ;)

On Friday we had a celebratory Mass and Christmas luncheon for work. M and I had gone Christmas shopping the night before and I kept my eyes pealed for a potentially party outfit as we browsed, but I didn't see anything that caught my interest and decided to just work with something I had at home.

As I sifted through my winter clothes, which are still in a bin because much of it doesn't work with the new baby bump, I noticed the plaid skirt I wore last year for Christmas and decided to give it a try.


I had to wear it at my ribs instead of my hips, but it zipped! And it didn't look half bad with a plain black sweater I also had from before pregnancy! Adding my Blanqi leggings (I told you I wear them non-stop) and some black booties made it work appropriate and festive too!

I will say, stretchy skirts are a lot easier to work into maternity options (I don't see this skirt fitting past New Years lol). But it is fun going through the clothes that I have and seeing what new outfits I can create with as few new pieces as possible. (All pants and leggings are maternity at this point with the exception of one pair of jeans that I can still do the hair-tie trick with.)

Peace,
Sarah

PS - here's the skirt worn non-maternity for reference. This was only last year and we both look like babies!




No comments :

Post a Comment