SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, December 31, 2019

My Word for 2020


I'm not surprised by the pictures chosen for my Instagram Top 9 of 2019 - weddings and babies with some faith reflections sprinkled in there - sounds about right. . .

2019 was the year of giant moves from CT to OH, starting a new job, tons of wedding prep, marrying my best friend, traveling to Thailand and Japan, finding out we're pregnant, adding a puppy to the mix and making preparations for a kitchen and bath remodel that will start in the new year.

So, I had to laugh when Jen Fulwiler's Word of the Year Generator displayed "pause" as my suggested inspiration for 2020. This year has been filled to the brim with newness and transition, with hopeful beginnings and growing pains, with joyful hellos and aching goodbyes -

- but to be honest, I don't know that I've taken the time to process these memories or really let them sink in. The good and the bad have rushed by, swept away by the momentum of what's to come next.

I don't think it's a coincidence that in much of my prayer this Advent, I've felt Jesus gently encouraging me to slow down and rest, to sit in the quiet and just be.

I need to soak everything in and process.

I need to pay attention and reflect.

I need to pause.

Easier said than done, but I find consolation in these little reminders and winks from God that keep showing up - even via a random word generator.

Here's to 2019. Thanks for being one of the best years ever. I cannot wait to see what 2020 has in store.

Happy New Year, friends!

Peace,
Sarah



No comments :

Post a Comment