SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Gifts That Give: Valentine's Day Edition


With Valentine's Day just around the corner I thought it would be nice to share another meaningful gift guide filled with beautiful items that strive to respect the dignity of those who create them.

And not only are these items gifts that give, but they are also great alternatives to the not-so-original gifts you typically find for Valentines. I mean, just how many stuffed animals holding hearts need to be made each year? And I know I'm not the only one who usually donates them within a year - two max!

Searching for thoughtful gifts with meaning helps me to enter more fully into the celebration of love each year. That doesn't mean that I don't gravitate to gifts with hearts or those that are red, pink or purple, but I do try to find unique items and items that are Fair Trade certified to make sure that my holiday celebration doesn't come at the expense of others.

Below are just a few of the many options you could give to a loved one this Valentine's that aim to provide a fair wage to the hands that went into making them. Each link contains some information about the particular item and how the sellers are working to make the world a better place through their business practices.


7. RGB Nail Polish - in violet, bare, and coral

Beyond these, there's always Fair Trade chocolate, wine, and coffee - the true way to my heart ;)
Or you could always plan a day together or make a gift to cut on costs and consumption!

What are your plans this Valentine's?

Peace,
Sarah

13 comments :

  1. Giving gifts that have meaning behind them is the best. This is a great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree - it just makes them a little extra special! Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Peace,
      Sarah

      Delete
  2. This is the best gift guide and I can't wait to check out each site!! Btw so glad I found your blog :) seems so fun!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, thanks so much Katie! Your joyful comments always make my day!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. What an awesome gift guide! I can't wait to check out those sites. By the way, I'm so glad I found your blog!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these gift ideas! Love that these products aren't too expensive either
    -Olivia
    Miss Olivia Says

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia. I tried to find more affordable choices, though $16 for nail polish is a bit up there. You'd get tons of use out of it though! Thanks for reading!
      Peace,
      Sarah

      Delete
  5. Love these ideas! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading, Christine! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  6. This is wonderful! Thanks for taking the time to create such a meaningful gift guide!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking the time to read it and leave such a sweet comment, Sybil! I hope you had a great Valentine's!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  7. I absolutely love your ideas here! Plus, fair trade coffee, chocolate, and wine is the way to my heart as well :)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Desirae, sometimes I am pretty sure we are the same person! Hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete