SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, February 16, 2016

5 Weekly Graces Vol. 17



I don't know about you all, but I am so incredibly thankful for the long weekend and an extra day to relax / catch up on schoolwork and housework. It was a great chance to slow down for a minute and just breathe.

And now I am in a space feeling very content and prepared to accomplish all of the tasks on my list for this coming week.


1) Be Bold

Back in December I was approached by a fellow blogger who asked if I would be interested in writing in a guest-post series #BeBoldGirl all about making bold choices in your faith. I was very humbled for even being considered and after some prayer I responded to the request and was scheduled to post that went live today! My post discusses the value of being bold and how it is so very needed in our world today. If you're interested, you can read more here. I'd love to know what you think!

2) Muir Woods

My roommates and I had our day away on Saturday and chose to visit Muir Woods in Mill Valley. It's a beautiful park filled with gorgeous trees and wildlife. The focus of the day was deciding who we are as a lay intentional community and how we can help one another strive to grow. Though there were some bumps along the way, it was overall a pleasant afternoon spent basking in the glory of Creation.


3) Java, Jazz and Jesus

Nothing beats some good alliteration, amiright? That is the title of a young adult event that my roommate and I went to on Saturday night. After the day in Muir Woods, she and I drove up to Sacramento to spend the weekend with her family. The event was focused on conversation about the poem Falling in Love by Pedro Arrupe. I knew the speaker and many of the participants from a retreat I went on in November so it was really lovely to see a lot of familiar faces and catch up.

4) Baptism

The main reason we went to Sacramento was to celebrate the baptism of the daughter of my roommate's best friend from home. I had met the parents on retreat and was so incredibly thankful that they didn't mind me being a part of their special day. The baptism was an intimate gathering followed by a lovely backyard party with some really incredible people. Such a beautiful way to celebrate the baby's official entrance into the church.

5) Job Interview

Last Monday I had an impromptu job interview - basically, I didn't realize entering into the phone call that it was an interview. It went really well and after learning more about the position, I became pretty excited at the prospect. After anxiously waiting all week to hear back (#patienceisavirtue), I have been asked to let them know when I would be available for them to fly me out and have an official interview! I'm so excited I can hardly contain it! Looks like I'll be just fine adulting!

So grateful for a week filled with grace and friendship. Where did you find joy last week?

Peace,
Sarah

4 comments :

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words, Alyssa! I really appreciate it!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. Congratulations in the interview!

    I found joy in spending soem time with my niece and nephew :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nikki-ann! That sounds like so much fun! I'm sure they loved having time with you! Thanks for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete