SOCIAL MEDIA

Saturday, November 25, 2017

Small Business Saturday Guide


Y'all, I am not a fan of Black Friday. If shopping the day after Thanksgiving is your jam, that's fine, but between the crazy lines in stores and the fleeting carts online, I just can't get into it.

I much prefer the lesser known Small Business Saturday, where you have the opportunity to support small and local businesses as opposed to the typical big-box retail. I posted about it back when I first heard about it in 2015.

This year I'm shopping small online with some of my favorite Etsy shops and other businesses that I love and I thought I'd share some of my favorite items here - many of them are running special sales today only!

Blessed Is She


Many of you know that I am a devotion writer over at Blessed Is She and that this ministry holds a dear place in my heart. BIS centers on creating intentional community among Catholic Women, and also focuses on the goodness of beauty - thus sharing some AMAZING products that would make wonderful Christmas gifts.



Blessed is She is running some great flash sales throughout the day, including 30% off of their 2018 Liturgical Planner if you order between 5 and 6pm EST. I already have my copy and cannot wait to dive come January!



Be A Heart


I went to one of Erica's calligraphy classes in NYC back in April and got to see a little behind the scenes action of how she shares such incredible art with the world. She is a magnificent teacher and her products for teaching calligraphy and handwriting are amazing.


Her new book, Written by Hand, was just released and is such a great gift item. Be A Heart is offering 40% off of all products with the code GREATFUL until 11/29.

Lighten Up Shoppe

Joy makes the most incredibly soy candles. I took a candle making class with her while I was living in California (apparently like to learn or something) and was so impressed with her patience and skill and most importantly, her scent-mixing abilities. All of her candles smell amazing and burn for an incredible amount of time. Christmas tree scent is a classic for the season, but I am intrigued by the basil sage mint...

Lively Faith Co.


I purchased a few prints from Bri earlier this year and instantly fell in love. The products are amazing and one of the few pieces of art I have actually taken the time to display in my apartment (I have a huge fear of putting holes in my walls...) When I saw she was offering free shipping all weekend, I treated myself to one of their new tees that had been in my cart since they released the design.


Free shipping all weekend with code BFSHIPPING


Whole Parenting Goods


While I don't have any kiddos of my own, Nell's shop always has me drooling over ALL the baby things. She just released a bunch of items including adorable sets of baby headbands. As much as I adore my peanut nephew, I do hope we have a baby girl in the family sometime so I can have her wear lots of bows and headbands. All of her items are handmade and organic. Nell is offering 25% off with code MAMMAKER.


Every Sacred Sunday


Kassie and Christie launched a Kickstarted this summer for their incredible Mass Journal and I am obsessed. I take a journal to mass most Sundays and love that they have created a beautiful product that shares the Sunday readings, prayers for Mass and space for journaling. Plus, there are gorgeous painted images for each liturgical season.


It's technically too late to get the journal in time for the first Sunday of Advent (Dec. 3rd), but I would not let that stop you from ordering one. There are still plenty of Sundays in the year and it's never too late to start being intentional with your prayer.

Rachel Allene


I do not need another mug. I do not need another mug. I do not need another mug. This is the mantra I have to tell myself any time I look at Rachel's products. Her lettering is stunning and every one of her camper mugs has me seriously considering adding to my collection. Luckily mugs also make perfect gifts for loved ones and are 20% off for Small Business Saturday.

----

Friends, there are SO many other amazing businesses to choose from. Whether you are shopping today, closer to Christmas, or for any gift through the year, consider shopping local and supporting small businesses. Not only do you buy quality products, but you help support friends and families.

Think Big, Shop Small.

Peace,
Sarah


1 comment :

  1. Ummm I love Rachel Allene mugs, have two! SO excited for the prints I ordered from Erica's shop too :)

    ReplyDelete