SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, August 3, 2021

It's been a while . . .

 3 posts. That's all that I managed to create last year - at least in this space.

In reality, the past year contained a plethora of creating and learning and growing and just being. The being is my favorite. True, the lockdowns and social restrictions were challenging and just plain hard, but they also created a space of pause and of intentionality between me and my little family, and for that I am grateful.

It seems like yesterday we were navigating the newborn life with Matthew, and in less than 20 weeks we'll be entering that space once again with his sweet baby sister. (I think most of you follow me on Instagram, but if not, surprise! We're pregnant!)

Michael and I were talking last night about how crazy those first weeks with Matty were. How we were able to survive on so little sleep and feel similar (but also very different) tiredness now that our toddler finally sleeps through the night (mostly). 

I overheard a friend share with another woman who was nervous about the birth of her newest babe that God gives you the grace to parent three kids when you have the third kid. Because that's when you need it. 

This will only be the second babe we get to hold in our arms, but I imagine the same notion is applicable here. We probably aren't completely prepped to care for a toddler and newborn, but we will be as soon as she's in our arms. Because that's when we need to be. 

--

I've been feeling the pull to write again lately. Not about anything specific, and I don't have some magnificent plan to beautifully resurrect the blog, but I'm leaning into this urge to create and hope to see some good that comes from it. 

So I guess I'm back (sort of). For now, when I need to be. And if you happen to be reading along or have randomly stumbled into this space, thank you - for being here, for being you, and for taking the time to wander through the randomness that is this post, and likely will be this blog. 

Talk to you soon, friends. 

Love,
Sarah


No comments :

Post a Comment