SOCIAL MEDIA

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October Budget


It's that time again, friends. The end of October is upon us, Halloween is approaching and Fran has shared her monthly budget link-up!

These link-ups are some of my favorites because they have exposed me not only to some great items and deals, but also to a wonderful community of bloggers who are supportive in efforts to keep track of monthly spending.

I don't know about you all, but I tend to do most of my spending toward the end of each month. Over halfway through this month, for example, I found myself thinking "wow, I may have nothing to post this month." But then, sure enough, I stumbled across a few things that I loved enough to add to my wardrobe.

Old Navy Go-Dry Cool Muscle Tee - ($16.94) $8.97 + Rewards = $0

I wore this tank on a hike in Yosemite Monday and loved it. Overall, it's a well fitting gym tank that doesn't have arm holes that expose your side too much. Mine is pretty much sold out, but there are others available. I really like the "hustle" one!

Madewell Slub V-Neck Pocket Tee - ($25) $17.99 + 40% off and student discount = $9.97

I've been a huge fan of the color rust lately so when I saw this tee on sale at Madewell for under $10, I had to get it. A plain tee-shirt and jeans is one of my favorite combinations for running errands, so this shirt is perfect! The material is incredibly soft and it comes in so many other colors! (I'm very tempted to buy the mustard one too...)

Gorjana 'Lido' Ring - ($55) $27.50 +25% off = $22.59 + giftcard = $0

This summer I participated in one of the countless blogger giveaways out there and actually won (which admittedly I thought was impossible)! My prize was a lovely $50 gift card to Shopbop! I ordered a few things to try earlier in the summer which I ended up sending back, so I still had the gift card - minus $10 because of shipping :( - when Shopbop had their friends and family sale earlier this month! I've had great experience with Gorjana jewelry in the past, so I ordered the Lido ring expecting to love it and I think I have worn it every day since its delivery. It's sold out at Shopbop, but is available at Nordstrom!

Uniqlo Sleeveless Black Blouse - $9.90


This plan black, silk shell is absolutely perfect! It's perfect for layering in the warmer California weather, and very easily transitioned from casual to business. I could not find the Uniqlo link, but I did find a couple of similar tops here and here.

The No's:



While on the same shopping trip where I bought the Madewell tee and Uniqlo tank, I tried on this dress at Old Navy and loved it. However, at the time there was no discount and since Old Navy has pretty good sales all the time, I waited to buy it until it was marked down online. Sure enough, the price dropped and I ordered it immediately. 

However, when it arrived I tried it on again and am still trying to figure out why I thought it looked good in the first place. The sleeves were tighter than I remembered and the dress body was a lot larger too. I was so bummed! Needless to say, it is being returned.

Total: $19.87

I am very happy to again come in way under budget, especially because my house is throwing a Halloween Party this weekend which will mess a bit with my normal food budget.

What deals did you find this month?

Peace,
Sarah

**I am linking up with Fran over at Franish

8 comments :

  1. I bet the dress you tried on the first time actually did fit well. That's part of the reason I get fed up with cheaper stores -- the sizing, even within the same tagged size, can be so inconsistent!

    That said, I love your new pieces! Gorjana jewelry is perfect for everyday. The ring was a great choice!

    http://bedknobsandbaubles.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jessica! The inconsistent sizing is definitely frustrating. I guess I'll just have to save up for something of more quality. Darn ;)
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. I have the swing dress in a different color and had to try on three in the same size before I found a fit I liked - Old Navy can be really weird like that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had never really run into this issue before, but it's probably because most of my Old Navy shopping takes place in store and if I don't like it the first try, I leave it. I'm happy to hear I am not the only one this has happened to though!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. What a fantastic deal on what you decided to keep. I've found Old Navy's active wear to be pretty great for my current needs.

    I found the same about the Old Navy dress. My mom said that manufacturers that produce so many of the same item often run into fit issues because as they cut dress after dress from the same pattern, the pattern tends to change and while one size large may fit perfectly, another may not. I have really liked their jersey swing dress offerings though, but I also passed on the one you tried on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also really like their active wear. It's a nice alternative to super expensive running gear when you know you're just going to get it dirty over and over!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. Wow totally impressive, especially the Madewell Tee. Also, it seems that I definitely missed out on some great sales at Old Navy
    Jasmine@makingrestorations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jasmine! I was pretty surprised (pleasantly) when the numbers crunched down to so little!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete