SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, August 3, 2015

Simple Thoughts vol. 3


Hey there, friends!

I hope you all had wonderful, relaxing weekends! Here is this week's simple thought collection. Enjoy! And as always, let me know what you think!



This weekend I was very fortunate and able to spend time in Florence which was incredible. If I'm being honest, Florence was never on my list of places to visit. Don't ask why, I just had no burning desire to go, but I am so glad that I did. It may have surpassed Munich as my favorite city in Europe! Keep your eyes out for a post about the trip!


On Tuesday I had the bright idea to challenge myself to doing 500 sit ups, just because. I completed the challenge and had a lot of fun doing it. I will say though, that my tailbone hurt a ton the next two days. After investigating online, many trainers recommend crunches instead because this is a common issue (#hindsights20/20). So if you ever have the burning desire to do 500+ sit-ups, do crunches instead and save your tush.

You may have seen that my July budget was a little off (at least until I can try the things and send what I don't like back). Well, while in Florence I scored majorly in the bag department and bought a wine colored crossbody bag and brown tote for $15-20 less than what those two cost at the NSale! Needless to say, the Nordstrom ones will be returned and now I will have a more fun story for a purse than just the sale price. I was also able to get my sister's birthday and Christmas presents out of the way. Normally I do not think this far ahead, but there were a few things that screamed her name and I couldn't resist.

This coming weekend I may just stay in Chiavari and relax in the sun. We will see. Again, if you have any suggestions of neat places to see in Italy let me know!


Check out this article about the scientific proof that being outside and in nature can change your brain!

I Spy DIY share a "DIYer's Guide to #PlantCare" for those of us with not-so-green thumbs. It was nice to see that my teacup succulents aren't completely doomed! (But I will have to see for myself when I get home...)

Not really a read, but how hilarious (and slightly true) is this Buzzfeed video about being an adult?! "And you know guac is extra."


I love me a good smoothie, but have never heard of making them with tea before. Excited to try this Strawberry Watermelon Mint Tea Smoothie from Journey to a Healthy Me once I'm back in the states!

I scream, you scream, we all scream for NiceCream! Guilt free desert? Sign me up please. Thanks for sharing, Lisa (Strum Simmer Sip)!

I also cannot wait to try this inexpensive, mouth-watering Smoky Paremsan Roasted Cauliflower recipe from Budget Bytes. I love cauliflower and I love saving money, so this recipe is pretty much made for me ;)


While the NSale may be finished, there are definitely some other great savings to be found!

There is an extra 50% off of women's sale items at Banana Republic! I'm loving this unique, eyelet-hem angled skirt.

Sometimes all you need is a simple, striped tee. Loving this red one which is 40% off along with everything else at the Gap!



Watches and I have a love hate relationship. I love the idea of them, but go through phases of always wearing the same one, or never wearing any. Lately I have been wearing the inexpensive watch that I bought this January in South Korea (seen here and here), but I would love to get another to mix things up a bit. I'm loving this Kate Spade one and also this one from Daniel Wellington.

The number of times I have put this BaubleBar ring into my online shopping cart and never purchased it is a little crazy. I'm seriously in love with it, but still can't push myself to buy it... Maybe someday.

I'm officially in a fight with my Old Navy sleeveless blouse (seen here). The degree to which it wrinkles in minutes is not ok. I love the idea of the shirt and the style, but I am going to have to buy a new one from different store that hopefully doesn't wrinkle as quickly. This J Crew Factory top may be a solution, but I'm honestly scared to waste money on another top that I end up love/hating. Any recommendations?



Happy Monday!

Peace,
Sarah

No comments :

Post a Comment