SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 29, 2016

February Budget


Happy Leap Day!! I know we have an extra day in February this year, but it still feels like I blinked and this month was gone. Maybe it's because I'm not stuck in long, cold winter days wondering when the spring will come - it's already here in Berkeley! Seriously though, our daffodils have been blooming for weeks!

Thanks to Fran's wonderful link-up, with the end of the month comes another round-up of purchases and budget posts.

Let's look at February, shall we?


...
......
..........

Y'all, I don't have any purchases to add to my budget this month! Say what?!? Crazy, I know!!

Don't get me wrong, I did spend money on other things this month - like one day at the Bloguettes Branding Workshop and a half-day pass to Disneyland this weekend - but those are not things that I would typically include as part of this budget post and I am not going to start now ;)

And thanks to a wonderful goodie bag at the workshop, I do have some beautiful new items added to my wardrobe that I wanted to share with you. I wasn't sure whether they qualified for my usual "gifted" section because I paid for the workshop ticket, so we just won't label these guys.


Let's begin with these AMAZING Kendra Scott earrings - seen here. How absolutely gorgeous is that yellow?! I don't know if all of us got the same color in our bags or not, but I could not be happier with this bright, cheery color. Had I ordered these beauties for myself, I don't think I would have thought to even try this color, so thank you Bloguettes for knowing I needed a good firm push out of my comfort zone. I love them!


We were also all gifted a beautiful Street Level Reversible Tote which was both the "bag" and the "goodie"! Our totes are their latest color design with dark brown and neon green for colors which I think makes them both classic and funky! Because the bags are so new, I could only find places to buy different colors, like the cognac/coral  (here) and the burgundy/tan (here).


I've admired Olive and Piper's beautiful jewels for a while now, so I was thrilled to find a dainty gold necklace with triangles in my bag - especially because I lost the necklace I typically wear at the workshop :( Again, I wasn't able to find the exact necklace online, but it's basically the top portion of this one.


Last, but not least is the adorable "I Don't Need The Internet, The Internet Needs Me" tee that each participant received.

I still cannot believe all of the beautiful things that were part of our goodie bags! As you can see, there were so many wonderful presents - and I haven't even shared the non-wardrobe items with you!

Even though I didn't technically do any shopping this month, I was able to add some amazing pieces to my closet - All of which I have already worn multiple times.

Did you add anything to your wardrobe this month? I'd love to hear about it!

Peace,
Sarah

**Linking up with Fran!

10 comments :

  1. Those are pretty nice items for a goodie bag

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right?! I couldn't believe the gorgeous things they gifted us! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  2. That tee is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Christine! I got it on super-sale at Anthropologie last year. I think it ended up being under $8!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  3. That tote is awesome (and the shirt you're wearing with it!!) I guess what I've added to my wardrobe this month is a lot of brightly-patterned mehlfas (full body/head covering fabric things) since I moved to the Sahara desert for 3 months :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my goodness! What are you doing in the Sahara, Heather? That sounds like such a neat experience! Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  4. That's quite the goodie bag! Those earrings are definitely eye catching. They'll be fantastic for sunny summer outfits. That tote is awesome as well! It's traditional with just a hint of spunk with the brown side out.

    I added a couple items to my wardrobe this month. The DVF wrap I scored for less than 20% the retail price was probably the biggest eye popper.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just checked out your page, Cassie and that dress is fabulous! The purple is such a great color and it will definitely be a great transition piece. Thanks for reading!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete
  5. Love the tote you got, it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! I've been using it a lot for school and travel. Thanks for stopping by!
      Peace, Sarah

      Delete